A World of Books

     Between being swept up in the complicated game of life, and not really knowing what to say on here, I've neglected this little blog. 

    News, news. Shall we begin? I published my novella 'A Tasteful Christmas' back in March. Christmas in March? Why not? 

    I have a couple writing projects going, but I am doing what every writer I know has told me not to do. I'm bouncing back and forth between projects, starting new ones, and just going wherever the creative river flows. I haven't really committed to any of my stories. I don't know why, but it just feels like I'm going through a dry season, so anytime I actually write is a good time. 

    I just got a new idea the other night and even if I don't start telling y'all about it and sharing it, I still and loving the creating side. Digging into the different aspects of these characters. Creating a totally new world based off of our own. All the magical things that I love about writing and world building. 

    If I'm going to be honest, I would say that I love the world building almost as much as the writing. Maybe the same amount. *shrug* What can I say? I love everything having to do with writing and books. 

    I've really been taking the time to enjoy books lately. I'm reading more, really digging into the world of magic and fiction. I picked up Percy Jackson for the first time in years, (actually found it half off at Goodwill), and have been trying out a lot of new books also. 

    Since I last wrote, I have fallen in love with Christian Romance/Suspense. It's now probably my favorite genre to read. I can't write suspense very well, but I absolutely love to read it. It's even better if there's a psychopath involved. *cough cough* 

    So, there is my little update on what I've been doing with my writing life, and proof that I am not dead. I am very muchly alive. Unfortunately. ;P 

    I hope to have some sort of wisdom to share to make me sound like I know what I'm doing next time I blog. 



Keep writing!


Comments

  1. Thanks for the update, girl! Sounds like you're having a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts